Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Music Celebrating Gay "Married" Long-time Seniors; Chadwick Moore and Tucker Carlson; 9 Eligible Gay Bachelors

Music Celebrating Gay Long-time "Married" Seniors

This article I'm linking to is titled, New Music Video Celebrates Seniors In Long-Term Relationships, and that bothered me. Maybe I'm being too OCD about this, but I changed my title to gay married seniors. And that's because I know a lot of gay seniors who have been together for years who just got legally married, but they all considered themselves "married" prior to the legalization of same sex marriage. And I'm tired of that old time term "long-term relationship." We're allowed to get married now. They could have at least put "married" in quotes.

I think the main reason why I feel this way is because I recently lost a very good friend to cancer. It happened fast. He was diagnosed in late November, started chemo in December, and was gone by the week before Christmas. That fast. And he was only 65. When I read his obituary it stunned me a little to see that someone had written that he and his "life partner" had been together for 35 years. They were married. I sent them flowers, and I know for certain they were married. They were husband and husband. So why didn't it say that he and his "husband" were together for 35 years?

In any event, I see this a lot in the gay community and I just don't understand it. I don't think I know any gay couples who have been together for years who haven't gotten legally married. But here's a video that does celebrate gay couples who've been together for the long run.

 That changed Tuesday morning, when LA-based songwriter Tom Goss released his new video for “More Than Temporary,” a reverb-drenched ballad that abandons subtly in favor of unabashed sentimentality.

You can check that out here. It's a great video. Someone left a great comment at the bottom.

Chadwick Moore and Tucker Carlson

I hate posting these things because I don't like pundits of any kind. But it's news, and it's out there. I know people on social media who might find it interesting. But more important, I don't want to be that gay person who is incapable of being tolerant of everyone's opinion, and who goes on vituperative rants screaming intolerance. Objectivity is important in life. Without any objectivity at all, the best we could ever hope for would be idiocy.

In any event, here's one of the things Moore said...

The other thing I see a lot is gay presses writing articles about gay men getting caught with "married" men. The implication is that the "married" man is hetero and he's married to a woman. They never take into consideration that WE can get married now, too.

You can read the rest here. Oh, there are comments, you can be sure.

9 Eligible Gay Bachelors

This is nice to see. They're using the word bachelor to describe gay men now...as in gay bachelor, not straight unmarried men.

And look who made the list...

(Colton) Haynes outed himself in 2016, and since then, one of the hottest men on TV has become a lust object for, well, pretty much everyone. His sincere social media posts don’t hurt his appeal either. The star of popular shows like Teen Wolf and Arrow, Haynes’ began his career as a model for the obvious reasons. He recently purchased a gorgeous pad in the Hollywood Hills, igniting media speculation that the actor might have a more serious relationship on the horizon. Though recently more forthright about his personal life, Haynes still prefers to keep his dating life more private, though he did recently add that since coming out, he feels the happiest he ever has.

You can check the rest out here.





Cage James
by Ryan Field

Customer Review:  "Well written and clever!"








No comments: