Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Matt Bomer Discusses Coming Out of the Closet...


I like to post these articles because I know for a fact that there are many gay men...of all ages...who are still in the closet. I also know articles like this help them understand that they aren't alone.

"White Collar" hunk Matt Bomer has been praised in both the media and the blogosphere for subtly acknowledging his sexuality, which had been the subject of rampant media speculation, at an awards ceremony in February.

"What we really have to do is stop the adjective before the job title—whether it's 'black actor,' a 'gay actor' or 'anything actor. Everybody thinks that equality comes from identifying people, and that's not where equality comes from. Equality comes from treating everybody the same regardless of who they are. I hope the media and the press catches on to that because it's time to move out of 1992."

And I couldn't agree more with Matt. It's why I've never written about characters who are overly political or caught up in a lot of the nonsense that sensationalzies gay men more than it helps them.

You can read the article in full here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, classy, inteligent! Wish more actors were like him!

ryan field said...

I agree...